We have developed our London Forums as the core of our London-based policy programme and currently operate 12 sector-based and cross-industry forums.
These forums help develop policy initiatives and make direct representations to the US and UK governments on issues of wider concern to the body of our membership. Additionally, the forums provide suggestions for our events programme, and are responsible for helping develop a substantial part of the BritishAmerican Business London events calendar.
Planning committees from each forum meet on a regular basis to discuss current policy issues, to plan and develop content for events of interest to the wider membership. Participation in planning committee meetings is open to all members of BritishAmerican Business. To view the schedule of upcoming planning meetings, please click here.
- Accountancy: Addresses financial reporting, SME accounting and reporting, governance in reporting, narrative reporting, professionalism and ethics and research (more);
- Advanced Technology and Manufacturing: Seeks to provide topical and relevant information to our members on new technologies that may impact their businesses across a broad spectrum, and/or offer new business opportunities (more);
- Aviation: Enables BritishAmerican Business members involved in transatlantic air transport (commercial, private and freight) to identify and debate key issues for mutual benefit (more);
- Energy: Examines risk and Corporate Social Responsibility in the Energy industry (more);
- EU-US Trade: Ensures an effective link for BritishAmerican Business with the political and policy structures of the European Union (more);
- Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA): Examines business opportunities and risks in Central Europe, Russia, Central Asia, Middle East and Africa (more);
- Financial Services & Insurance: Provides a vehicle for US and European banks, insurance brokers, investment houses and exchanges to present speakers of interest to BritishAmerican Business members relating to general and specific financial issues (more);
- Healthcare: Examines innovation in the industry, and ways to create the right business environment to support innovation in healthcare (more);
- Human Resources & Employment: Aims to promote a broader understanding of issues in the employment field (more);
- Information, Communications & Entertainment (ICE): Stages topical and relevant events that address current information and communications issues (more);
- Law: Discusses current matters of concern and interest to the legal community, both in the UK and the US. Also provides networking opportunities for senior lawyers in law firms, companies and financial institutions (more);
- Tax: Assists BritishAmerican Business members by communicating the Forum’s concerns to government authorities in the US and the UK in respect of particular tax laws (more).