WHAT INFORMATION WE KNOW ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
Although we may collect certain information from you as discussed below, please be reassured in knowing the following:
- We do not use any information about where you personally go on our Site, nor do we give such information out to third parties;
- We do not give out your name, telephone number, or other personal information, unless you (or, if you are a child under the age of 13, your parent) authorize us to do so;
- Information gathered by our website via some form of electronic submission, except where noted below, is not held for any period of time beyond that which is needed and is never disclosed to third parties outside the district;
- Unless you are an adult and you personally divulge personal information, we will not give out information (or, if you are a child under the age of 13, your parent's) prior consent; and
- We will always give you (or your parent) the opportunity to access and correct your personal contact information at any time if for some reason we are in possession of this information for specific reasons as detailed below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU GIVE US
There are various areas on our Site where we either require or permit you to transfer personal information voluntarily. We use this personal information only for the specific purpose specified at the time you input such information. In addition, we never divulge such information to third parties without your consent. These areas include:
Membership Inquiry. BritishAmerican Business accepts membership inquiries online. These inquiries require that users provide private and personal information as part of the inquiry process for membership within BritishAmerican Business. This information is never disclosed outside BritishAmerican Business and our associated organizations.
Members Area. Members registered with www.babinc.org have the ability to receive enhanced services and functionality on our site, specifically in the Members Area of the www.babinc.org website. In order to become a registrant of the Members Area, we use information derived from our own internal membership records.
Membership Database. Available to members exclusively is an online database. This database discloses information about our membership, some of which may be considered private. Disclosure of this information is not made to third parties without prior consent, and every effort is made to ensure that the information is held securely and in a manner that limits the threat of disclosure to parties beyond our control.
Members are allowed to search and use the information contained within the online membership database in a professional manner as part of their membership as long as it meets the terms expressed during the joining process. Members are urged to report disclosure or use of this information in an inappropriate manner by members or outside parties immediately to the employees of BritishAmerican Business Inc. Due to technology limits, BritishAmerican Business notifies all members through this policy that it is not a certainty that information contained within the online membership database will be kept from disclosure to outside parties and thus BritishAmerican Business limits itself from liability from disclosure of information from this database that falls outside of reasonable control.
Information contained within the database is updated on as needed and on-demand basis. If you find an inaccuracy, please report it to an employee of BritishAmerican Business so that corrections can be made to your satisfaction. If you wish that certain information contained within the online membership database not be made available to other members please contact a BritishAmerican Business employee and request the information be removed.
INFORMATION THAT WE INDEPENDENTLY DERIVE FROM YOUR USE OF OUR SITE
Aside from any information you may actively disclose to us, there is other, less obvious, information that we might gain from you. Generally, we use such information for internal purposes such as to improve the content of our Web pages and/or refine the layout of our pages. This is generalized information that does not compromise your privacy; no information of a personal nature is gathered in this process.
Computer Information. We automatically query your computer for information about your computer system -- such as the speed of your modem, error messages you may have received, or operating system type -- to help us fit our services to your individual needs and to help us diagnose problems you may be having with the use of our system. This information is never disclosed to third parties.
Aggregate Information. Our system also automatically gathers information about the areas visitors to our site utilize and view -- commonly referred to as traffic analysis. We use this navigational information in the aggregate to understand how our visitors as a group use the site(s) so that we can make our sites better. We do not share any of this information outside of BritishAmerican Business if it in anyway contains information of a private or personal nature -- on average the information gathered is anonymous in nature.
Cookies. Cookies are pieces of information that our Web Site transfers to your computer's hard drive in order to make your experience on our Site more efficient. While other sites may use them to gather information that may be considered private, the few cookies in use by the www.babinc.org website do not gather information of a private nature. Cookies used only serve to automate certain functions like Polls and Message Bards, and are limited to storing information for a set period of time after which they are discarded. Cookies built and uploaded to your computer by www.babinc.org do not contain code that compromise your privacy, and they are not retrieved and read by BritishAmerican Business except when needed to verify use of services.
IP Addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin service with an Internet Service Provider. BritishAmerican Business collects IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to audit the use of our Site. Each time you connect to our Site and each time you request one of our pages, our server logs your IP address. Although we log your session with us, we will not normally link your IP address to anything that can enable us to identify you. However, we can and will use IP addresses to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our rules or terms of service or to protect our service, Site, users or others.
WHEN WE MAY BE FORCED TO DISCLOSE
BritishAmerican Business may disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) BritishAmerican Business's rights or property or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. BritishAmerican Business may also disclose user information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Linking to other sites is an integral part of the functionality of the Internet and therefore of the BritishAmerican Business sites. Any link to a page which displays a URL of a non-BritishAmerican Business site in the address window of your browser, is a link to a site outside of our service. These links may be found throughout the www.babinc.org website for informational purposes. These other sites may send their own cookies to you, collect data or solicit personal information. Although we monitor the sites that we link to and make every attempt to ensure their quality, we cannot guarantee and are not responsible for the content of outside sites.
Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information on other Web sites, for example via message boards or chat, that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. While BritishAmerican Business strives to protect our visitors' personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security and privacy of any information you disclose at other Web sites and you do so at your own risk.
We use email links located on our various "contact us" pages to allow you to contact us directly with any questions or comments you may have.
We read every message sent in and try to reply promptly to every one. This information is used to respond directly to your questions or comments. We may also file your comments to improve the site and program, or review and discard the information. Your personal information is not shared with third parties, except where noted for legal purposes or when legally required.
SECURITY - GENERAL
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. At no time will you be asked to provide information of a personal nature beyond an email address, except when making inquiry for information or membership. All information submitted to www.babinc.org and BritishAmerican Business electronically via our website is discarded once interaction that requires given information is completed. No outside organization or entity will be given access to personal information while it is in the possession of BritishAmerican Business except where it is legally required.
Members Area. Certain areas of content on www.babinc.org are considered member only and protected by an encrypted ID and Password system. Members are advised the following:
- To help protect your account, please keep your password secure. We suggest that you, during the joining process, pick a non-obvious password and one that mixes numbers and letters. In addition, we recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. BritishAmerican Business will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information.
- Remember to log out of your BritishAmerican Business registered user account and close your browser window whenever you leave your computer. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence, because your computer may be accessible to others or used in a shared setting such as found at a library or Internet café.
- BritishAmerican Business policy does not extend to anything that is inherent in the operation of the Internet, and therefore beyond BritishAmerican Business control, and is not to be applied in any manner contrary to applicable law or governmental regulation.
Online Credit Card Transactions. BritishAmerican Business regrets that this service is temporarily not available.
Online Email Access (Staff Only). BritishAmerican Business staff members are advised of the following when using the www.babinc.org provided email access pages:
- Electronic mail transmitted and viewed via the Online Email Access page is not secured and is susceptible to third party intervention or interception
- Electronic mail access uses limited cookies to make the process of using the Online Email Access page and is subject to the relevant statements of this policy
- It is possible, however unlikely, that a third party may use a computer after you have and gain access to your private email via the Online Email Access page. It is recommended that you shut down your browser after each use of the Online Email Access page at a minimum to limit the possibility of abuse by a third party.